How to draw customers’ attention is the most important issue for the advertisement. Knowing what people actually see can help client to optimise the placement and design of ads with limited budget. By using eye tracker/brainwave, we investigate the favourable effects of the spokesperson on the layout, brand memory, attitude and decision-making. In addition, we compare the sequential order and perceived performance of the warning advertisement to improve the public communication.
In marketing, product bundling, which offers several products for sale as one combined package can make more variety choices for consumer. How to build attractive product strategy to influence customer decision-making is the key of product promotion. With EEG recordings, we use a combined tour product which includes the climate, donation, and tour style to study the customer‘s decision.
With advanced dry-contact EEG systems and efficient algorithms, we help companies to assess user’s experience (cognitive, emotion, stress, fatigue, etc.) of the product usage. We help to design experiments and analyse the EEG signals to validate the efficiency of the products.
Assessment of VR advertisement and shopping
As VR becomes a major platform for social networking and content distribution, it will also become the main channel for advertisement distribution and the online shopping. TV and websites traditionally dedicate a certain amount of the display estate to advertising, and advertisement fees are charged using pay-per-click or pay-per-view rules.
While in VR, the content provider needs to:
- Figure out a way to deliver advertisements without compromising users’ presence in the immersive environment, and
- Create a method to objectively measure the effectiveness of the advertisement, which can then be used for charging the advertisement fee. We have successfully integrated a VR and biosignal extraction system, which can collect 72-channel EEG signals and hand movement. This integrated system can be used to investigate the immersion experience, cyber-sickness, perception discrepancy, VR advertisement, and VR shopping.
Industry cooperation and exhibition
- Yahoo: Yahoo Native Advertising (2013-2014)
- Menil Collection and Blaffer Art Museum with Houston Univ.: What Do Brains Look Like When Art Gets Involved (2014-2015) (431 gallery visitors)
- Micro-Star International (MSI) (Top 1 company provides Gaming Notebook and Workstation): Neurotraining and Neuromarketing
- US Brainwave Science Inc.: Brain Fingerprinting System Product for Lie Detection (2012-present) for US FBI, US CIA, India, Singapore, China, etc.
- CHIMEI: 3D Stereo Monitor and Visual Comfort (2010-2011)
- Foxconn: BCI Eating Assistive System (2015-2016)
- Wearable Technologies Inc.: Exhibition booth at MEDICA and invited talk at Hong Kong (2014-2015)
- 2013 Taiwan Pavilion Expo: Tech. Future and Brain (over 2,600 persons)
- 2014 Bio-Taiwan: BCI and Robotic Arm (over 2,500 person-time)